- 1 lb of eggplant, sliced thin
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 of a cup of flour, seasoned with S&P.
- 3/4 of a cup of unflavored breadcrumbs
- 3/4 of a cup of grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 1/4 of a cup of fresh garlic, minced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt, and black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- additional mozzarella for topping
- Oil for frying (Olive oil preferred)
- basic marinara sauce
Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper. First dip eggplant into flour, then egg, and then the breadcrumb mixture. Fry* in heated oil, until a light golden brown. While cooking the eggplant, line an oven save pan with marinara, then stack eggplant, mozzarella, and sauce, one layer at a time. Once complete, bake at 400º for approximately 25 minutes. Topp with additional cheese (grated, and or mozzarella), if desired. Serve hot with your favorite pasta dish.
*Can also bake at 400, instead of frying